The Slovenian Forestry Institute is looking for ambitious candidates for young researchers that will start their doctoral training programs with their selected supervisor in 2023.
The research areas:
- Forest protection and health: Detection and ecology of native and alien forest pests in forests and urban areas
- Net exchange (NEE) of carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH 4) between selected ecosystems and the atmosphere
- The influence of specific external factors on tree growth and wood quality
- Development of a long carbon and oxygen stable isotope chronologies for the west Balkans
- Use of genomic data to improve prediction of tree provenance growth and resilience under future climate
The Slovenian Forestry Institute reserves the right to select up to three candidates for Young Researchers in 2023.
More information about the public call and positions: https://www.gozdis.si/informacije-javnega-znacaja/zaposlitev/